Toro 48" Pistol Grip (50-St.) (39638)
48" Pistol Grip (50-St.) (39638)
Fixed Deck Gear Drive
14.5 HP Kawasaki® FS481V 603cc Engine with 48" (122 cm) TURBO FORCE cutting technology deck.
- 48" TURBO FORCE 7-gauge cutting deck w/patented adjustable baffle
- 14.5 HP Kawasaki® FS481V 603cc
- Massive 9-3/8" (24 cm) diameter spindle
- Large 13" x 6.5" (33 cm x 16.5 cm) drive tires
- Patented Adjustable Baffle: Allows operator to achieve maximum cutting performance by fine-tuning deck to conquer changing conditions, unique job sites or different times of the season. In extreme conditions, the baffle can be opened in order to conserve power and achieve faster mowing speeds. In less demanding conditions, the baffle can be closed to yield micro-sized particles and maximize discharge velocity.
- A Flat Crisp Cut with Precision Blades: (.250) thick precision blades resist flexing to provide a flat, crisp cut. High-strength, heat-treated alloy steel survives impacts and provides resistance to the rapid wear commonly associated with abrasive conditions. Options include Recycler® and Atomic® mulching blades, medium sail Bahai blades, and low sail sand blades.
- Smarter design in a bull-nose bumper.: 7-gauge bull-nose bumper not only protects against frontal impacts, but also contains an integral underskirt to minimize blowout of debris and dust. The bottom, leading edge of the deck is raised 1/4" (6 mm), allowing grass to stand more upright when entering the cutting chamber, ensuring a level cut. Leaf "plowing" during spring and fall clean-up also is significantly reduced.
- Unique Under-the-Deck Skid Plate: Reduces scalping when traveling over uneven terrain and to avoid catching while loading onto trailers.
- Rugged Spindle Assembly: Rigorously tested to ensure that it can survive impacts that would destroy lesser spindles. The cast iron housing, with a massive 9-3/8" (23.8 cm) diameter base, absorbs impact loads and distributes them across a broader area of the robust deck shell. Built with maintenance-free sealed ball bearings.
- Extended Life Drive System: Extended life drive system with Husqvarna Peerless 700 series transmission, featuring a 9-spline drive coupler.
- Engine: 14.5 hp Kawasaki® FS481V 603cc
- Fuel Capacity: 5 gallons (19 L)
- Height of Cut: 1" to 4-1/4" in 1/8" increments (2.5 cm to 11 cm in 3 mm increments)
- Number of Blades: 3
- Starter: Recoil
- Drive System: 5-Speed Transmission
- Mulch, Bag, Side Discharge: Side-discharge standard
- Air Filter: 2-Stage Air Cleaner
- Adjustable Discharge: Standard
- Blade Tip Speed: 18,000 ft/min (5,486 m/min)
- Brake System: 6" (15 cm) Band Brakes
- CARB Compliant: Model 39638
- Caster Tires: 9" x 3.50-4" (23 cm x 9 - 10 cm) Flat-free
- Deck Design: 48" (122 cm) TURBO FORCE
- Discharge Chute: High-Performance 5/16" (8 mm) rubber
- Drive Tires: 13" x 6.50-6" (33 x 15 - 16.5 cm)
- Ground Speed: 6.2 mph (10 km/h) fwd; reverse assist
- Height: 41" (104 cm)
- Horsepower: 14.5 hp
- Length: 78.3" (199 cm)
- Spindle Housing: Cast iron with 9-3/8" (24 cm) base
- Steering Controls: Pistol Grips
- Width: 49.5: (126 cm) with chute up
- Weight: 500 lbs (227 kg)
NOTES:*The gross horsepower of this engine was laboratory rated by the engine manufacturer in accordance with SAE J1940. As configured to meet safety, emission, and operating requirements, the actual engine horsepower on this class of mower will be significantly lower.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Horse Power
- 14.5 hp
- Engine Type
- 5-Speed Transmission
- Wheel Size
- 13 in. x 6.50-6 in. (33 x 15 - 16.5 cm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal. (19 L)
- Discharge Type
- Side-discharge standard